[chora] Re: [dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora/lib/CVSLib Checkout.php File.php

Cynic cynic@mail.cz
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:52:46 +0200

At 17:31 8/10/2001, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote the following:
>On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 06:54:50PM +0200, Cynic wrote:
>>
>> Eek, sorry if that broke unices. Can someone test if it's really
>> the case?
>
>For the future, it would be helpful if you could also test
>stuff on a *NIX platform (do you have access to one?).

Generally, yes. But not right now and for the next few days.

>> If so I can make another patch to use single quotes on
>> unices and double quotes on windows. that platform wont allow
>> asterisk or question mark in filename anyway, and it really doesn't
>> work with single quotes on NT. 9x won't be any better I bet.
>
>It should work - what doesn't understand single quotes (the
>shell? PHP/win32?)

PHP doesn't give a fsck as long as the quotes match, and are
properly escaped if needed. It's just that cmd.exe (and
command.com) don't play nice with single quotes.

>I'm wary of putting platform-dependent code into any Horde
>apps; the underlying PHP engine should hide all of that away.

So PHP should do something else from what's in the program according
to its idea of what's best for me? :)

cynic@mail.cz
And the eyes of them both were opened and they saw that their files
were world readable and writable, so they chmoded 600 their files.
    - Book of Installation chapt 3 sec 7