[cvs] commit: imp folders.php view.php

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:56:18 +0100

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 10:52:09PM -0000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> avsm        2001/08/10 15:52:09 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     .                    folders.php view.php
>   Log:
>   Add a Vary: User-Agent header when we use the browser class to negotiate
>   content based on the browser type
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   2.123     +3 -1      imp/folders.php
>   2.98      +3 -1      imp/view.php

I didnt add this for calls to browser->hasFeature since
they are so numerous (and this would clutter up things)

It would be nice to send out this header in the Browser
class itself, since a call to hasFeature would indicate
that negotiation is about to take place.

This would need output buffering to be on though ...
this isnt currently a requirement is it?

Btw: the Vary header is needed to help proxy caches
make intelligent decisions on what to cache and not.
Strictly speaking, it's not a lot of use for IMP
since it cant be cached, but is the correct thing to do.

Also, if we base other public repositories (I'm setting
up a mailing list archive based on IMAP+IMP) on it,
then it can be cached, and the Vary header becomes
important.

Anil