Address Book Import again.

Michael Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:32:42 +1200

Well I have 95% of the Windows Address Book .wab files sorted now. Who knows
what the other 5% of bytes are about, I found all the fields I was looking
for.

Two queries:
1. How should multiple email addresses for a contact be handled? Just take
the first one? Add the contact multiple times with different email address?
Previous one but modifying the name to in "(default)" after the default
email address? Any suggestions?

2. Handling of address books in other languages - I'm not 100% on how non
ascii charaters are encoded but it appears the characters are encoded into a
16bit space. Any one have any clues or any websites that might help?

Thanks Mike