[dev] Address Book Import again.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:39:40 -0400

Quoting Michael Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> Yep, they were unicode... any conventions on how unicode characters should
> be handled with Turba? at the moment i an changing them to html special
> characters (&#xxxx; where xxxx is the character code in decimal) and they
> are displaying fine in turba but this messes up searches.

The LDAP driver supports an optional "encoding" parameter. We should support
this in all of the drivers, and make sure that when adding a contact, it is
encoded in the correct encoding for that driver.

> Also in turrba when you click on an email address it always composes in a
> new window, and the popup code has issues when the email address field has a
> comma in it.

Ah, right, that's why we avoided this...

Hmm. Just tested; couldn't produce any problems. Can you give me more details?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.