[dev] server pref

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:52:57 -0400

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 02:56:17PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > True.  Even if the server list is hidden from the login screen,
> > we have other mechanisms in place to determine the user's correct
> > server.
>
> So, are people in agreement that it's going to be okay to nuke this preference?
> (Atif, the functionality you want is going to require tracking a bunch of
> deeper changes; I'm not nixing it, and doing this isn't going to prevent it;
> it's just got to happen later)

Yes, we should get rid of the preference in its current form.  If
it returns in the future, it will probably end up in some sort of
serialized form like the current identities preference.

We should obviously hold off on all of those future changes until
after the 2.4 release, but I think it's safe to nuke the current
preference now.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology