[dev] IMAP with POP3 without attachments, bug?

Joris Braakman jorisb@nl.euro.net
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:45:40 +0200

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:19:46AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Joris Braakman <jorisb@nl.euro.net>:
>
> > A older version of IMP 2.3 did handle attachments, I still have it
> > running. If I understand correctly somewhere allong the line support for
> > mime attachments with pop3 was dropped/removed. Maybe by moving to a
> > different standard library. Or maybe because pop3 is not so commenly used
> > anymore as it was and supporting it is a nightmare.
> >
> > So to have pop3 with correct attachments I have no choice of going
> > back to the old code base?
>
> We haven't removed anything. How we handle attachments changed a little, but we
> didn't go out and remove support for a whole class of things. If you can figure
> out where it worked and when it stopped working, we might get somewhere.

It is working with version from August-24-2000, more than one year ago.
I tried to checkout dated versions from CVS but that didn't work, I always
get the latest version. So I can't zoom into it closer, unfortunately.

Regards, Joris.