[dev] Re: [core] error reporting/logging

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:48:47 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:

> Counterproduktive would be to overload the method with arguments. I propose to
> read the horde application from registry and just use the two arguments from
> the pear log(). We could alternatively give an error object or a string as the
> error message.

The whole point is to wrap up things like the Log configuration so you don't
need to worry about it when calling the method... not sure what you'd read from
the registry, though? I think having it take either a PEAR_Error or a string
would be good; other than that, it'll pretty much just mirror Log::log().

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the