[dev] Re: [core] error reporting/logging

Paul list-horde-dev@dragon.net
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:43:04 -0700

chuck> So, I propose:

[... more detailed back end logging ...]

chuck> Thoughts?

I think this is great, both for support and for folks debugging
new/changed installs.

Two things I'd suggest you think about in the design:

  configurable logging level (how noisy do you want it)

  logging level be dynamically changable, i.e. some file or global
    var that can be changed on the fly to up the verbosity and
    bring it back down without some user visible change to the
    site.

In most cases, really noisy debugging isn't useful and eats disk. But,
when you need it, being able to turn it all the way up is useful.

--
			Paul