[dev] horde framework

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:11:40 -0400

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:36:52AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > The question now is: will users that just want to use a
> > single application (e.g. IMP) need to have a Horde user
> > account?  I think the answer to that is definitely a "no".
>
> However, like I posted about earlier (and there were no
> objections), users will _have_ to be logged into the framework.
> That _can_ be through IMP - but they will have to be either
> logged in through IMP or otherwise to use pretty much any
> non-guest functionality in any Horde app.

Right, I agree with that.  In other words, their IMP login would
establish their Horde credentials and maybe create their IMP
profile.

What I was getting at, however, is whether we'll need to create a
Horde account in the persistant sense in these cases.  I'm
thinking along the lines of using the Horde username as the
unique ID for things like preferences.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)