[dev] Re: [cvs] cvs commit: CVSROOT options

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:01:49 +0100

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 01:53:48PM +0200, Mathieu Arnold wrote:

> I've been trying to get a custom rcs flag to work, but I don't get it work,
> what's the trick ?

The trick varies depending on which version of BSD you are using;
Free, Net and OpenBSD each have incompatible changes to their
versions of CVS to implement this, and none of their patches
were ever accepted by cvshome to be folded back into the main
distro (I have no idea why).

It's kind of annoying, since I can't rsync Horde's repository
to my Solaris box, and do a local checkout from there, without
deleting the custom files which breaks 'normal' CVS.  Ah well!

Anil