[dev] CVS repository changes

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:21:34 -0500

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 01:15:49PM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> > Point releases of Horde 2 (e.g. Horde 2.0 (current in RC) and Horde
> > 2.1 (the next release) will be made from the RELENG_2 branch.
>
> To confirm, does this mean we've done away with the third number, and that
> a new release (of any size) will always increment the second number?  I
> want to mention this change in the announcement.

FreeBSD reserves that last number of emergency security releases.
They actually branch all of their releases for that reason.  It
would be easy for us to do the same.

Minor revisions (the second number) are sort of expected to have
both fixes and features, so the third number "point releases" are
basically only for important bug fixes to the minor release.

> > This will require us to become much more branch savy.
>
> I hear Subversion is still coming right along... :-)

Perhaps soon. =)

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)