[dev] SERVER_NAME:SERVER_PORT and UseCanonicalName in Apache conflict

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists@online.ie
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:08:27 +0000

On Monday 12 November 2001 19:06, you wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 04:34:01PM +0000, Barry Flanagan wrote:
> > I just can't see why Horde/PHP needs to get involved at this level at
> > all. Where is it that you would require to send an ABSOLUTE Location:
> > header - the only time AFAIK that an absolute Location: is needed is if
> > you explicitly need to change the host or port that you want to redirect
> > to.
>
> It looks like absolute Location: headers are mandated by the RFC:
>
>     http://www.innosoft.com/rfc/rfc2616.html#sec-14.30

Hmmm. OK then ;-(

Having a config value for $server and $secure_server might be another
alternative. The code as it is definately will cause grief to anyone else
with a load-balancer setup.

Regards,

-Barry