[dev] Some functionality and tweaking questions

M Z Rahman zrahman@partex.net
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:44:11 +0600

> It will return whatever the users entered to login to Horde. But of course
> you can mix and match the identity stuff with your code.
> Say you try to get $identity->getFullname() and if it's empty fall back to
> Auth::getAuth() or $imp['user']. The latter one of course works only in IMP
>
> but that was what you intended if I remember right.
>
> Jan.

$identity->getFullname() can be empty, right? So far I know by default
$identity->getFullname() is empty. Users have to enter it manually in their
identity. Some users may not want to use identity at all.

But, $imp['user'] and $imp['maildomain'] are never going to be empty, horde is
being authenticated by IMP. So, for sure we can show "user@domain" in IMP or
anywhere else if Horde is being authenticated by IMP.

Regards,

Zia