[dev] Bring back "-cvs" in lib/version.php?

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:45:51 -0500

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 07:12:18AM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> e.g. the HEAD version of horde/lib/version.php has '3.0' -- are we going
> to abandon the practice of adding "-cvs" to the version for the CVS
> version?  Same really applies to the STABLE branches too I guess... the
> danger is that when people report their version, we won't know if it's an
> actual release, or some CVS checkout that was on the way to it.  I'd be in
> favor of bringing the "-cvs" back.

It doesn't matter to me (and I realize you already made the
change), but I just sort of assumed that we'd be able to tell the
code was from CVS if the reported version number hadn't been
officially released yet.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)