[dev] RC and CVS

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:07:35 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Frederic Trudeau <ftrudeau@cam.org> wrote:

> i see ... im pretty new to this naming convention in application
> developpment, so correct me if im wrong here, but if i understand
> correctly, if I always want to most up to date version of any horde
> applications, I should get it from CVS, correct ?

Yes.  However, there's also the issue of which "branch" of CVS you're
updating from.  The up-and-coming stable branches (IMP RELENG_3 for 3.0,
Horde RELENG_2 for 2.0, Turba RELENG_1 for 1.0) are the ones you'd want
for production use.  If you want to participate in development (not
stable), you'd want the HEAD CVS branch, etc.  You can keep any of these
branches up-to-date by checking out from CVS to get the latest changes.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde