[dev] Global options

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:36:54 -0500

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> The problem is: If this is a shared preference it must be accessible from
> withing Horde and every application. But IMP puts features into the
> identities that aren't accessible outside of IMP like the sent-mail folder
> or doesn't make sense outside of IMP like the signatures.

The way I always saw this working was that each app could attach whatever
attributes that it wanted to an Identity. If an application didn't know about
an attribute, it wouldn't show it in the UI. So all of the data is there, all
of the time. You just work with different slices of it depending on what
application you're in.

Btw, signatures of course make sense outside of IMP - in Troll, in any
generated emails from the user, in any forum tool... etc.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the