[dev] IE6 Scroll Bar Patch

Michael Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:01:47 +0000

> Actually it was the same effect. Because the vertical scrollbar covers some
>
> things, the horizontal scrollbar appeared.
>
> Jan.

Ok. found a not so nice hack to fix it. running a piece of java script to
change the width of the body to be 16px small so it displays correctly. This
option wastes the least screen space but doesn't allow for you resizing the
window once the script has run.

The other option would be to change the body's width style tag to something
like 95% which would have the same sort of effect but the bigger the window the
gets the more space gets wasted but remove the right 5%. But it does allow for
the screen getting resized.

I have the diff up for the script option. The width % option is a basic change
of the previous option.
http://www.graftonhall.co.nz//temp/Diffs/

Mike