preferences naming is not ldap compliant.

KaalH! kaalh@smol.org
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:06:57 +0100

hi,

I'm using the latest cvs version oh horde/imp/turba.....
I use openldap 2.x as auth/prefs backend.

There is some trouble with the naming conventions :

- most preferences contains underscores
- in kronolith, the '24hr' pref start with a number

ldap attributes cannot contain _ or start with numbers (at least with
openldap2.x).

I've patched my Prefs/ldap.php for stripping underscores from prefs names ...
it's really ugly :(

I thing establish a naming convention for prefs names w/o underscores or
starting with numbers, compliant with other prefs backends, (something
like 'sigFirst' instead of 'sig_first', 'hr24' instead of '24hr' ...), is
needed.

what about this ?
--