[dev] Horde::SessionCache->deleteObject function...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:41:04 -0500

Quoting René Lund Jensen <lundeman@tbkol.dk>:

> The reason for this function is that I have one object that I want to keep
> in my cache, but I fear that it will die the "prune"-death..
> With this function it's possible to clear the cache for unwanted objects,
> while keeping the important ones...

This isn't a very elegant way to achieve the above goal. It'd be better to add
flags to the data structure, including a 'noprune' flag. Also, SessionCache
simply isn't meant to be used for data which you can't reconstruct. It sounds
like you just want to actually put that one object directly into the user's
session, instead.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the