[dev] MIME_Magic::

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 02:19:44 +0000

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 08:32:51PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:
>
> > Looking through my own mailbox, Courier-IMAP seems pretty smart about
> > putting the right MIME type to the right attachment.
>
> Again, the imap server has nothing to do with it. The message as composed
> determines the mime types that we get to work with.

Wierd, my impression was that the IMAP servers COULD choose to override
the contents of the actual mail message with whatever MIME type they chose
if they could determine it better.

Looking through courier-imap's source code just shows it passing
through the rfc2045 MIME info as-is from the message, as you say.

Oh well, I guess I get more mail from people with smart clients ;-)

Anil