[dev] Release schedule (was: [dev] preferences naming is not ldap compliant.)

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:15:45 -0500

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 06:37:55AM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist (bjn@horde.org) wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Rich Lafferty <rich@horde.org> wrote:
>
> > What do we think of aiming for a freeze right around Christmas with an
> > RC4 including install documentation and with overhauled ldap bits, and
> > then giving people the christmas-to-new-years break to play with their
> > shiny new Christmas present (o/~ All I want for christmas is an RC4,
> > an RC4, an RC4 o/~), and releasing 3.0 and friends at about the new
> > year?
>
> I like it.  I think it would be better to cut the final release just after
> the break than just before it.

Alright, then, I'll propose the following:

  Dec 23       -- Freeze RC4 including all enhancements and documentation
  Dec 23 or 24 -- Release RC4 as last RC before release
  Dec 30       -- Showstoppers fixed by now, go/no-go decision
  Dec 31       -- Preparing release
  Jan 1        -- Release (or RC5 if no-go on Dec 30)

Comments?

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!