Fwd: [PEAR-DEV] Re: php4(PHP_4_0_7) /pear/Crypt CBC.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:10:23 -0500

I could see adopting this for us, too - thoughts?

----- Forwarded message from Colin Viebrock <colin@easydns.com> -----
    Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:03:34 -0500
    From: Colin Viebrock <colin@easydns.com>
 Subject: [PEAR-DEV] Re: php4(PHP_4_0_7) /pear/Crypt CBC.php
      To: pear-dev@lists.php.net

"Joao Prado Maia" <jpm@phpbrasil.com> wrote in message
news:cvsjpm1008692777@cvsserver...
> jpm Tue Dec 18 11:26:17 2001 EDT
>
>   Modified files:              (Branch: PHP_4_0_7)
>     /php4/pear/Crypt CBC.php
>   Log:
>   Fixing indentation and missing ?> tag

Thanks for the indentation fixes, but I have a question about closing PHP
tags.

I, generally, do not use them.  First, they aren't needed; and second, they
save
me a lot of headaches by knowing that I haven't accidently put some
whitespace
after one of them.

Has this been discussed on pear.dev?  I for one would be in favour of
eliminating
them from PEAR files and making that part of the coding standards.

- Colin