imp bug in move message?

Matthew Dunham dunham@ic.ucsb.edu
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:54:38 -0800

hi -

been poking around with the move functionality in imp and have found
what seems to be an undesirable behavior. what some might call a bug. =)

so i've got my delete pref set to "move messages to trash". i expect
this feature is for people who are squeamish about having deleted
messages lingering around, of which i have many. anyway, when i delete a
message it moves it to my trash folder, sure enough.

but when i *move* a message, say from "folder a" to "folder b", it moves
it into "folder b" all right, but leaves the original copy in "folder a"
marked as deleted. not ideal for placating the squeamish. so it seems
like, if the "move messages to trash" delete pref is set, the
appropriate behavior here would be to dump the source message into the
trash folder as with delete.

what say you guys?