[dev] Re: [cvs] cvs commit: horde/docs CODING_STANDARDS

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:22:09 -0500

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 05:36:22PM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:

> >   Modified files:
> >     docs                 CODING_STANDARDS
> >   Log:
> >   Note about Horde CVS tag and templates.
> >
> >   Revision  Changes    Path
> >   1.34      +5 -3      horde/docs/CODING_STANDARDS
>
> +EXCEPTION:  Don't include these in templates.
>
> Why not?

For the most part, there's little reason to incur the overheard
of a HTML -> PHP -> HTML context switch just to include a
comment.  We could put the $Horde$ tags in HTML comments, but
that would clutter the resulting HTML output.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)