[dev] imp bug in move message?

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:38:22 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
>
> > This is what the $conf['server']['expunge_on_move'] in conf.php is for.
> >
> > But if I think about it it would perhaps make more sense to have this
> > depending on the "delete to trash" preference as you proposed. Any opinions
> > on this?
>
> What does Netscape/Mozilla Messenger do if you have it set to move deleted to
> trash, and move a message?
>
> I'm guessing that it actually just expunges the mailbox, since the message
> _isn't_ deleted, and moving it to the trash just creates a copy the user
> doesn't expect.

Actually, I think it copies to Trash, marks as deleted, then hides the
deleted message.  If you switch to "mark as deleted", those deleted
messages show up again marked as deleted.  It isn't until you empty the
trash that they get removed.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
signature under NDA