Do we need database scripts?

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 21:11:17 -0500

That I'm encountering much difficulty documenting the
database-creation steps of Horde suggests to me that
there's something missing.

What shall we do? Right now, the bits in scripts/db/
are written for developers. :-) I like having scripts available, but I
think we need more duplication -- instead of separate files for auth
and prefs and so on, I'd like to provide scripts that do everything
for a particular database -- i.e., a "mysql-create.sql" and a
"pgsql-create.sql" and so on, instead of "prefs.sql" and friends.

Does that seem like a good approach?

I'd also need a volunteer to do the Postgres and Oracle scripts, as
I've only got MySQL handy these days.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!