[dev] Re: [imp] status bar entries and mozilla

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:22:04 -0500

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 08:55:44PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > Because we send so many alt="" strings, it makes sense to treat
> > them specially.  We could also use that value to generate
> > 'title=' attributes in addition to 'alt=' attributes.
>
> I'd be fine with trying this out in HEAD.

I'm working on it now, and it sure is making a difference.  I was
able to optimize the login in Horde::img() a bit, and I've
removed literally dozens of string concatenation operations from
the source trees so far (because the alt="" tags no longer need
to be constructed by hand).  Things also look neater, in general.

I'll commit my changes to HEAD in about an hour or so.  I'm not
sure whether this is worth merging to STABLE, but it certainly is
an improvement, in my opinion.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)