[dev] tarballs

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:12:46 -0500

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> While I read the several threads coming up about incompatible Horde and
> application versions, I think we should roll out tarballs from every app if
> we cut the new releases, no matter if they are stable or not.

That's not going to solve anything, though, because people are going to go get
HEAD of something and it still won't work with the older tarballs.

If we have apps that are ready for a RELENG_1 branch, though, that's another
matter.

> And we should put a list at a prominent place on the website that tells
> what versions work together.

That's a good idea.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the