IMP Emprty Trash Folder menu item

Marcus I. Ryan marcus@riboflavin.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:07:23 -0600

I may be missing something obvious, but I have mostly put an empty trash
folder on the menu bar.  However, the method I chose to do this takes
the user to the Trash mailbox when it completes.  I'm not sure what the
"best" alternative is here.  I've thought of a couple, but none really
appeal to me.  I guess my question for the list is this:

(1) Is there a good way to get a full URL for the current page without
fear of, say, attempting to repeat a delete, move, etc.?

(2) Is there a way to execute a mailbox.php empty command with an option
that will redirect it back to the current location when it's done?

I also thought about a bit of javascript to open a new window for the
mailbox command, then have it close the window when it's done, but that
gets ugly and I'd like to avoid excessive javascript.

Any ideas?  Thoughts?  Without the ability to return to the calling url
is it still something worth putting into IMP?  Clicking empty trash
would leave you in the Trash folder.

--
Marcus I. Ryan, marcus@riboflavin.net
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it