[dev] Little bug in IMP Compose

Max Kalika max@lsit.ucsb.edu
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:44:36 -0800

> Quoting Federico Giannici <giannici@neomedia.it>:
>
>> In the compose window, if I try to send a message but an error is
>> reported by sendmail, then my complete email address appears into the
>> "Or:" text field next the "From:" select.
>
> I'd actually like to get rid of that box completely - people can always
> create  an identity, and this isn't something that many other clients
> have; it could  encourage spamming/silliness/etc. Any objections?

[Just catching up, sorry if a little late]

Our users actually like this feature because it allows them to easily
unsubscribe from email lists for different addresses that are no longer in
use.  Maybe this should be a server-level conf setting or a pref?

---max kalika
--max@lsit.ucsb.edu
-lsit systems administrator