[dev] Re: [cvs] cvs commit: horde/config horde.php.dist html.php.dist lang.php.dist mime_drivers.php.dist mime_mapping.php.dist prefs.php.dist registry.php.dist

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:25:12 -0500

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 09:01:14AM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> >   remove ?> from .dist files. Just confuses people, and not needed.
>
> Can you elaborate a bit on this change?  It seems imbalanced to me that
> the files have "<?php" at the top and no "?>" at the bottom.  Shouldn't it
> be both or neither?

The <?php is definitely required, but the final ?> is, and always
has been, optional (as far as the PHP interpretter is concerned.
It's generally good style to include the ending tag (and it's
proper XML for processor instructions), but Chuck made the change
to the configuration files so that stray whitespace after the
closing tag won't cause people any more problems (because there
is no closing tag).

Whew, that's one long sentence ... =)

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)