[cvs] cvs commit: horde rpc.php horde/lib RPC.php

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:23:10 +0100

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan@ammma.de>:

> jan         2002/03/18 06:59:26 PST
>
>   Added files:
>     .                    rpc.php
>     lib                  RPC.php
>   Log:
>   Add XMLRPC framework and a XMLRPC/SOAP capable server (SOAP not
> tested).

A few notes:

The xmlrpc extension is necessary to use this code. It is still
experimental so be aware of unexpected results though my tests worked
pretty fine.

The extension should handle XMLRPC request as well as SOAP requests and
answers in the protocol it was called. But I didn't test SOAP so far. The
client (RPC::request) uses XMLRPC.

It lacks completely correct authentication because we don't have a working
authentication through the registry at this point. The authentication
backend is pretty complete though so that we can at least call RPC servers
that need authentication. But the RPC server (rpc.php) needs authentication
to be hardcoded.

My idea was to implement an example driver for one of the Horde
applications but as the RPC server is just an interface to the registry we
can't implement all necessary methods for a driver at the moment.

What should work though is replacing one or more of the registry services
by RPC services because it delivers the same methods of course.

Jan.