[dev] Turba Groups

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:32:49 -0500

Quoting Michael Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> Ok, it actually returns a Turba_List as this is much easier to work
> with.

Right, that makes sense.

> Skipping this for now, just using the Turba_ListView, with a slightly
> different template

Fair enough. :)

> I currently have groups as a set of object ids.... has a few not so nice
> side effects.. when you add a contact to a group, it's always going to
> still be listed outside the group in 'browse'... i suspect most people
> would expect it to be moved into the group rather than just linked.

I actually would expect the opposite behavior; I think of a contact group
as an easy shortcut to a set of my contacts.

On the other hand, what people refer to as a "distribution list" seems to
be an alias which just lists multiple email addresses, and those wouldn't
show up externally.

I think those are two distinct entities, and I guess ideally we should
support both of them...

Distribution lists ought to be able to be included in other groups, to
really complicate matters.

So I think you should continue with what you're doing, and we can figure
out how to solve the distribution list problem seperately.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity