[dev] PGP support for IMP - A start...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:29:05 -0700

Here's what I have got so far...
   http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/openpgp/

Essentially, everything is in place to allow a user to create/delete his
keys from IMP.  Also, as can be seen by the screenshots, information about
keys can be returned.  To store the public/private key, I am currently
using preferences.  When I move on to a public keyring for others' keys, I
think I am going to go with Chuck's suggestion and use Turba to store this
information.

Thanks for all the input.  I think I am just going to try to get a basic,
functional, working framework down first, and then I will worry about how
to tighten up security as much as possible.

michael

p.s. cliff - if you want to work together to form some kind of framework
for Horde_Crypt (since you are doing that x509 stuff) let me know.  I have
already started to implement the Horde_Crypt module (which the openpgp
stuff extends) and i could use input/help on what the API should be like.

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder