[dev] Prefs and themes with LDAP

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:45:45 -0500

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:25:54PM -0800, Edwin Culp wrote:

> My question is, "What is the value of the default preference?"
> Is it an empty string?

Yes, I believe it is.

> If it is and it is dirty, it should be passed to ldap as a
> modification and it this case would be deleted from the
> directory.  That isn't happening because it doesn't seem to be
> passing an empty string.  This is in lib/Prefs.php, right?
> I've got to look at this in the morning.  I'm missing something
> with the mask, I think.

Should the LDAP preferences driver be removing entries when their
value becomes empty?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)

Date: Thu,  4 Apr 2002 19:11:09 -0800
From: Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [dev] Prefs and themes with LDAP

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

| On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:25:54PM -0800, Edwin Culp wrote:
|
| > My question is, "What is the value of the default preference?"
| > Is it an empty string?
|
| Yes, I believe it is.
|
| > If it is and it is dirty, it should be passed to ldap as a
| > modification and it this case would be deleted from the
| > directory.  That isn't happening because it doesn't seem to be
| > passing an empty string.  This is in lib/Prefs.php, right?
| > I've got to look at this in the morning.  I'm missing something
| > with the mask, I think.
|
| Should the LDAP preferences driver be removing entries when their
| value becomes empty?

Jon,

IMO, yes.  The defaults do not exist in the ldap directory until you
assign them  anon-default value.  Then you can't set them back because
they aren't deleted as would be expected because the default isn't
empty.  That is why, as a work around, I created a value for
hordeTheme="none" that didn't exist in prefs.php.  It gives me similar
results to hordTheme not existing.  The problem is that default values
that have been changed and are changed back to the default aren't being
passed to ldap as empty but as what seems to be #0.  I would assume
that #0 is the result of a conversion filter or something similar but
I didn't find it. I even took out utf8_encode although I was sure that
wasn't the problem.

I hope that makes sense.  I think I may be going around in circles:-)

ed