[dev] Palm(c) datebook import to kronolith - patch

Mathieu CLABAUT mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:36:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Clabaut Mathieu <mathieu.clabaut@free.fr>:
> >  Ok.... are you thinking about network syncing ? In this case, it could
> > be nice to have both, because not everybody is able to put his palm ont=
> > IP network...
> ? Your palm desktop would sync to Horde like you can have it sync to Yaho=
> or Outlook. Not sure how this is more of a network requirement than
> uploading to the Horde site...

 Ok ! I was thinking about syncing directly between palm and horde
 without the man in the middle (palm desktop) - I must say I don't use
 palm desktop which may explain why I didnīt understand. I must give a
 look to yahoo's way of doing it.

 I think it can be just a matter of adding some more logic to merge
 change in both databases (kronolith an Datebook.pdb). But I'm not sure
 on how to manage conflict (I don't know how traditional sync resolv the
 problem : i.e. when a record is delete on a side, and updated on the
 other side ) and how to manage difference between database (kronolith
 has some field that palm database lacks - category, for example).
 A way to solve difference, would be to add textual information in the
 palm note field which give the corrresponding information ...

 I'll try to get some time this week-end to give a try...

 Another subject : In nag (as in palm Todo), I lack the possibility to
 add a recuring task. Is there a plan for that ? Must I give a try based
 on kronolith recuring event implementation ?

 PS- work on horde cd burning module still on the way... But there is
 still lot of things to do..

-mat

Mathieu CLABAUT                            mailto:mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
DIGINEXT                                     http://mathieu.clabaut.free.fr
45, impasse de la draille, P.A. La Duranne,   tel: 04 42 90 82 91
13857 Aix En Provence - cedex 3               fax: 04 42 90 82 80