[dev] Re: [imp] Usability testing IMP3

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:15:21 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> What I still have somewhere on my todo list, is a 'pull' feature for the
> notification backend, that can actively pull messages from the various
> Horde applications through the registry: New mail notifications,
> calendar alarms, to do reminders, ...

I want to do a scheduled task system, too, but it has to not depend on the
Notification system, because we need it to run when people aren't logged
in to Horde, for things like paging/email reminders of events to be
useful. The notification system could use it to display events, though,
too.

> The only way to notify the user about such messages without depending on
> refreshing pages is to use the Horde menu. At least as far as I had
> thought. This one can refresh safely without disturbing the user.

I agree about this one - seems like a good way to go.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity