[dev] Using OpenLDAP for prefs.

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:29:09 -0700

| Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>:
|
| > When rereading the values from the directory, anything that does not
| > exist would be the same state as before making an assignation and I
| > would think be fine.
|
| How do you handle the case where the default value is non-empty, and the
| user wants to set it to an empty value?
Chuck,

Thanks for the example.

I agree that would not give the desired result if there is a situation
where an empty string is valid and it isn't the default.  My suggested
solution would not work, as is.

Is that a current possibility, Chuck?  If so, I would almost think that
ldap might not be the ideal container for prefs and change back to sql as
much as I would prefer not to, but to paraphrase a signature file I've
been seeing recently, just because I have duct tape, doesn't convert
everything to a duct.:-)

ed

| -chuck
|
| --
| Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
| "A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity
|  and justice is a good dream." - Tariq Ramadan

 http://insourcery.com - Mergence of Business and Technology
          a "Griffin Plaza Partners, LLC" Company