[dev] PGP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 02:20:07 -0600

Quick notes - I want to go to bed...

Added functionality to MIME_Message that allows multiple MIME_Parts to be
grouped together under a single Content-Type in the message.

i.e. Before you could only have this:
  1. application/blah-blah
  2. application/blah-blah-2

Now you can have this:
  1. protocol=application/pgp-encryption
    1.1 application/pgp-encryption
    1.2 application/octet-stream

This will come in handy for decrypting/decoding PGP messages.  Thanks to
Ilya for first pointing RFC 2015 out to me.

Anyway, now all 3 types of outgoing messages conform to RFC 2015 - as far
as I can tell (actually almost.  I have to figure out a way to FORCE the
MIME stuff to obey my 7bit encoding requests for text that is being signed -
 it is required that all signed text must be 7bit [or quoted-printable] but
even if I explicitly set it, it still gets converted to 8bit).

http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/pgp/diffs/rfc2015_2.diff.txt

'micalg' parameter should now be set correctly - at least it works on my
system.
some documentation cleanups also.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]