[dev] Feature request.

Ola Lundqvist opal@debian.org
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:58:16 +0200

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
This is more a question to the developer than to you Ramon.

I saw a question recently about the same issue. Is there any specific
problem to have multiple imp-servers that uses the same database
(ldap, mysql, postgres, not shared mem) for session keys. If you have
the same domain-name it should not be a problem. The problem can however
be that multiple imap connections can be confusing...

Regards,

// Ola

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:10:34AM -0400, Ramon Kagan wrote:
> As I said, this is out of my league.  I don't have a clue on how to right
> a driver.
>=20
> Ramon Kagan
> York University, Computing and Network Services
> Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
> (416)736-2100 #20263
> rkagan@yorku.ca
>=20
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>=20
> > Quoting Ramon Kagan <rkagan@YorkU.CA>:
> >
> > > Has there ever been a thought of the ability to synchronize session d=
ata
> > > across multiple servers?  Multicast would probably be the protocol to
> > > use. This would allow for redundant failovers (in essence creating a
> > > pseudo-cluster) if one of the servers dies (in a multiserver setup of
> > > course).  I'd offer to right the code, but I'm afraid that this is way
> > > out of my league.
> >
> > http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php
> >
> > Just write a new driver. Or use one of the existing database drivers.
> >
> > -chuck
> >
> > --
> > Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
> > "A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity
> >  and justice is a good dream." - Tariq Ramadan
> >
>=20
>=20
> --=20

--=20
/  opal@debian.org                     Bj=F6rnk=E4rrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINK=D6PING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available