[dev] The Reply-To header of mails to list is "missing"

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 01:03:31 -0400

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 06:40:59AM +0200, Atif Ghaffar wrote:

> Now we can have an archive of questions only.

If people choose to reply privately then that's their option.  If
people intend for their response to be sent to the mailing list as
well, then they should reply to the list.

It's not hard, and the people doing the question answering should know
how to operate their mail clients.

> May I ask, why lists are removing the reply-to header?

I don't like the idea of munging the Reply-To header.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)