[dev] Patch for LDAP Preferences storage

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 9 May 2002 13:31:53 -0400

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 02:31:25PM -0400, Kevin Hildebrand wrote:

> I wanted to have all of the Horde preferences as one multi-valued
> attribute instead of having to have numerous entries required in my LDAP
> schema.  In this scheme, the preference/value pairs are seperated by a
> colon, and each pair gets an entry in LDAP.  Add an entry to horde.conf to
> specify the multi-valued LDAP attribute name which holds the preferences.
> (If pref_field is not set, the code reverts to the old behavior)

I'm actually thinking about making this schema the default way of
storing LDAP preferences.  My rationale primarily centers of the fact
that it's annoying (for we, the developers, and for you, the users) to
update the LDAP preferences schema every time a new preference is
added.  Also, this method of story LDAP preferences mimics the SQL
preferences driver.

I'm going to play around with this a little more, but this seems like
a better way to go.

I'm open to opinions on the subject, of course.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)