[dev] Patch for LDAP Preferences storage

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Tue, 14 May 2002 13:37:11 -0700

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

| On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 02:31:25PM -0400, Kevin Hildebrand wrote:
|
| > I wanted to have all of the Horde preferences as one multi-valued
| > attribute instead of having to have numerous entries required in my LDAP
| > schema.  In this scheme, the preference/value pairs are seperated by a
| > colon, and each pair gets an entry in LDAP.  Add an entry to horde.conf to
| > specify the multi-valued LDAP attribute name which holds the preferences.
| > (If pref_field is not set, the code reverts to the old behavior)
| >
| > $conf['prefs']['params']['pref_field'] = 'hordeprefs';
|
| FYI, this method of storing LDAP preferences has just become the
| new standard.

I seem to have accidentally erased your reply to my question about this
before answering :-(  Sorry.

I haven't actually rolled back your changes but I did just reinstall
my May 9, HEAD version and it works perfectly.  How do you suggest that
I start backing out changes [ -D -r ? ] or can I get away with just
lib/Driver/ldap.php?

I would like to ask those who are using this new version, if they have
had any problems?

Thanks,

ed