[dev] Patch for LDAP Preferences storage

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Tue, 14 May 2002 19:07:02 -0700

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

| On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 05:53:20PM -0700, Edwin Culp wrote:
|
| > | You'll need to restart the slapd process afterward.  Then, add the
| > | 'hordePerson' objectclass to those users that will be using Horde.
| >
| > That is it.  The Object Class changed from hordePrefs to hordePerson.
| > My bad.  I didn't look close enough.  I did the ldapmodify, reset slapd
| > again just for good measure and was able to log in.  It looks like we
| > are there.
|
| Great, glad to here it.  Thanks for your testing, Ed!

Thank you for your patience, Jon.  I'm glad we have a completely
working ldap prefs system, now.  I've had a chance to play with
it a bit and at first glance, I think it is a big improvement.
Thanks for your work sorting this out and coming up with this solution.

I'm off to try and save as many user prefs from the old system as I can
before upgrading my production server.  This should be interesting:-)
Hopefully I can script some of it.

Thanks again,

ed

 http://insourcery.com - Mergence of Business and Technology