[dev] New ldap preferences storage trouble

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 13:16:26 -0400

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:40:20PM +0200, KaalH! wrote:

> I really like the new ldap storage, hope horde will keep it.
>
> Just an issue : saving preferences from an application delete all other
> applications prefs in the ldap tree.
>
> ex: saving turba prefs deletes imp:* entries, but not horde:* ones.

Hmm, that's a good point.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to
do any more LDAP development for a long while (now that I'm moving and
won't have easy access to an LDAP server).

I'm afraid you guys will have to start sorting these issues out alone
for now.  I'll review any patches you may produce.

As a push in the right direction, it might make sense to store each
application's preferences under their own multi-valued LDAP attribute.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)