[dev] Fetch Mail for IMP

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Wed, 22 May 2002 15:50:52 -0700

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

| > I don't use courier, so that isn't an issue.  I don't *ever* let my web
| > browsers save my passwords.  I don't ever let MS Windows save my
| passwords.
| > I don't ever let password authenticate me.  You may allow all this.  I
|                    ^^^^^^^^
|
| That was supposed to say "passport" not password.
|
| > But then, others will surely disagree with me.
|
| We might solve this by making a configuration setting (that the admin sets)
| to enable/disable the saving of passwords.  Then the sysadmin for each site
| can decide if they want to allow saving passwords or not.  That would surely
| be a clean approach to this issue.

No disagreement here.  Great idea that will hopefully not slow Nuno down:-)

ed

| --
| Eric Rostetter
| eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
|
| Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!

       The illiterate of the 21st century will not be
             those who cannot read and write,
       but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.
                                                --Alvin Toffler

 http://insourcery.com - Mergence of Business and Technology
          a "Griffin Plaza Partners, LLC" Company