[dev] Fetchmail for IMP

Nuno Loureiro nuno@co.eth.pt
Sat, 25 May 2002 17:19:06 +0100

Quoting Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@ip-solutions.net>:

} Hello Nuno,
}     Thanks, I didn't realize about the full namespace. How does one select
} INBOX in a remote cyrus then? Also, I guess the same question applies for UW?

You can leave it blank, or write INBOX. But I guess your problem was something
else. Not a mailbox problem, but a fetching problem with Cyrus. That was a
c-client error. It seems that, according to PHP Manual:

" When talking to the Cyrus IMAP server, you must use "\r\n" as your end-of-line
terminator instead of "\n" or the operation will fail. "

Try to add these 2 lines ($mail_source = ...) in imp/lib/Fetchmail.php at line
360, to be something like this:
                } else {
                    // Make absolutely sure there are no bare newlines.
                    $mail_source = preg_replace("|([^\r])\n|", "\\1\r\n",
$mail_source);
                    $mail_source= str_replace("\n\n", "\n\r\n",$mail_source);

                    if ($h->Unseen == 'U' ) {

}     I'm using both Netscape-4.78 (linux) and Konqueror-2.2.1.

I'll test it with netscape...

}     A couple other comments/questions? Is it possible to distinguish
} between IMAP/POP & IMAPS/POPS & also allow for the no-validate-cert like IMP
} currently does?

Currenly no. I'll put it in the TODO list. I'll avoid to implement new features
in this stage. I'll wait some time to let horde members check this and decide if
they're going to commit it or not. If it'll go to cvs it'd be much easier, to do
diffs and stuff.

}     I'll keep trying with various different combinations and see what
} works.

Okay, I'll apreciate it. :)

}     This modules looks really cool, thanks. I can't wait to use it. And I
} know many people at work here would love it as well.

It's very confortable to hear such things.
Thank you for testing it.

} Regards,
} Harry
}
} Quoting Nuno Loureiro <nuno@co.eth.pt>:
}
} >
} > Citando Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@ip-solutions.net>:
} >
} > > Hi,
} > >   I've applied Nuno's patches. They applied without incident to a CVS
} > version
} > >
} > > updated yesterday. I've tried to add another cyrus account on a different
}
} > > server to test the functionality. I've gotten a few errors and no mail
} was
} >
} > > brought back from the second account.
} >
} > Which browser were you using? I tested it with galeon only...
} >
} > Note that if you choose a remote mailbox with cyrus you must include the
} > namespace, like INBOX.work. The same thing for UW, which you must include
} the
} >
} > prefix.
} >
} > I tested it with Courier and UW.
} >
} > > Also, in netscape going to the options field and then to Fetchmail
} presents
} > a
} > >
} > > blank page whereas in Konqueror you have the page to fill in all of the
}
} > > options.
} >
} > I'll try to test it this weekend with netscape..
} >
} > > I hope this helps in terms of debugging.
} >
} >
} > Thanks for the report...
} >
} >
} > >
} > >
} > > Here are the errors in the fetchmail window:
} > >
} > > Warning: Message contains bare newlines (errflg=2) in
} > > Unknown on line 0
} > >
[...]
} > > -------------------------------------------------
} > > This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/