[dev] Fetchmail for IMP

Tue, 28 May 2002 11:37:49 -0500

Quoting Nuno Loureiro <nuno@co.eth.pt>:

> } Wasn't/Isn't it an option in IMP for the compose window to either
> } open as a popup or in the main frame?  And if so, couldn't we do
> } something like this for fetchmail also?  So then the admin doing
> } the install could choose if it was a popup or not?
>
> I think it is. I thought about it before...
> I just left it off for the first release because I'm not sure where to put
> that preference.

It could be a preference, or it could be a configuration option, or both.
If you make it a configuration option only, then there is no issue of
where to put the preference.  So that may be one way to start.

> by people here, that is the only option that doesn't fit well in fetchmail
> prefs, so I think that makes no sense either to have a separate section for
> that.

I'm not sure it doesn't fit under fetchmail prefs.  I agree it should not
have a seperate section for itself only.

> Maybe it fits well in "Display Options", no? What do people think?

Seems like a plausible place, but I'm also open to the fetchmail prefs.
I'm also open to no prefs, only a config option that the admin sets
globably.

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!