[dev] Residual preferences defeating locked prefs

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 06:18:31 -0700

| Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| > Is this the desired behavior?  i don't think the admin should be
| > responsible for cleaning out the entire preferences storage system every
| > time they lock a preference - especially considering that the locked
| > preference may only be a temporary thing.

I agree completely with Michael, that in my operational world, the admin/lock
should have control.  There have been many times where I have needed a temp
lock while making changes, testing upgrading, etc.  There are also options
that I may need to take control away from the users in the future that I
can't see today.

Thanks,

ed