[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/lib/MIME/Viewer tnef.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:50:10 -0600

| As long as you check boundary conditions that might cause errors (not
| sure
| how passing in a before the beginning/after the end position might effect
| things here), that should be fine, yeah...

Yup - we just use array_key_exists() and if the index doesn't exist, we
print an error.

BTW, just a style thing, but I have noticed that (generally) isset() is
used in the codebase to check for the existence of an array key.  I read in
an article somewhere, and have been trying to do this myself, that
array_key_exists() is the preferable means of doing this.  (It is true that
array_key_exists() has only been around since PHP 4.1.0).  If I remember
correctly, the two reasons to use it instead are 1) it is more a more clear
description and 2) isset does not work if the value is NULL.  Just wanted
to throw this out there.

And I think I will just go ahead and throw the tnef MIME Viewer into Horde
instead.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder